[DeTomaso] Compression Ratio Question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Sep 21 14:15:06 EDT 2007

As far as a street-driven engine on pump gas, IMHO you're pushing it with
10:1 and iron heads, or 10-1/2:1 and aluminum heads unless you set ignition
advance on the dyno and then don't screw with it. Be very sure that true TDC is
found since most harmonic balancers have slipped their timing marks.
I've been running 10.2:1 with SVO A-3 heads, an SVO hydraulic cam & Rhodes
lifters, a tuner Holley 700 DP and 34 degrees total ignition advance..... since
1992. I occasionally use 89-octane but if the car will be flogged or for going
over mountains rapidly, I use 92 octane. This engine has never tasted race
gas.   Good luck, Art- J DeRyke