[DeTomaso] What is Anti-seize anyway?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 19:15:29 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/15/07 9 01 6, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> I hear people speak about "Silver anti-seize", and so forth.... what is this
> stuff really? Will WD-40 protect the bolts and nuts from freezing up in the
> future?

Probably not.

Anti-seize comes in two flavors (silver and copper-colored).   Both are
basically very fine powdered metal (either aluminum or copper) suspended in a
paste-like substance, so that it's a thick goo.   VERY slippery stuff.   The copper
stuff is for use in high-temperature applications.

Based on that description you should be able to find it locally; if not let
me know and I'll hook you up. :>)