[DeTomaso] What is Anti-seize anyway?

BobFluty at aol.com BobFluty at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 20:18:18 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/15/2007 4:16:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

Anti-seize comes in two flavors (silver and  copper-colored).

As a side note, a friend recommended the Anti-Seize paste that Griot's
Garage sells.  I picked up a container and have been using it on all of the
components that have gone back on the car over the past year.  It is a  white goop,
but much easier to clean off of parts and hands that the other  anti-seize
compounds I've used over the years.  My old copper based  anti-seize compound was
rated to +1,800 degrees, but the Griot product is rated  to +2,500 degrees,
so should be a good choice for exhaust systems.

Bob