[DeTomaso] What is Anti-seize anyway?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:00:22 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm putting the mufflers back on my car after re-building my u-joints. I'd
like to be able to remove the mufflers at some point in the future, so was
planning on using some type of anti-seize.

Going to my local hardware store, I only see things like liquid wrench,
which are supposed to protect metal things from rusting in the future.

I hear people speak about "Silver anti-seize", and so forth.... what is this
stuff really? Will WD-40 protect the bolts and nuts from freezing up in the
future?

Thank you!

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness across Europe"
http://members.aol.com/PanteraGT5S1985/