[DeTomaso]   Wiper Blades and Arms

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Sep 14 15:41:00 EDT 2007

FWIW, when we bought out '72 L in '80, the wiper arms on it were 'Arman & Co'
plated matte-finish   steel- not stainless since they're magnetic. The blade
supports were 'Carello made under license by Trico' stainless (non-magnetic)
wire style also found on Jaguars of the period. Indexing the arms a spline or
two lower on the wiper posts solves the parking-in-the-middle-of-the-glass
problem. And due to lash in the wiper drive system, one can park the blades a bit
lower by momentarily touching the wiper switch. This puts the wiper blades a
measured 2" from the base of the glass and right at the   vertical part of the
gasket. This is well below either Judy's or my line of sight when driving. We
currently use matte-black finish 'Arman & Co' arms & blade supports, since
there is a slight distraction from the plated finish arms when driving into the
sun. Finally, a 17" long blade is the max length one can fit without hitting
the vertical part of the gasket. Cheers- J DeRyke