[DeTomaso] Pushbuttons hand built?

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:56:47 EDT 2007

Many times I've heard the pushbutton cars referred to as "handbuilt".  I
know about the many differences, but I don't think there were too many
differences in construction technique.  Maybe it refers too all the trial
and error events that take place while you're starting up a new production
line.
The pace at which they were built is probably the biggest difference.  I've
seen photos of later car bodies being built the same as the early ones.
They were all handbuilt compared to most other cars.  Tell me more.
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa.........slow day at work :)  Oh! all the new keys
work!