[DeTomaso] Pushbutton

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 19:29:18 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/13/07 11 06 3, cengles at cox.net writes:

> $$$$$$$$ #7171 was bone stock with 2100 miles on it when I bought it in
> 1988. I removed the wipers and stored them in the attic. I do recall that they
> are black. The wipers on 7191 are likewise black. I would hazard a guess that
> there are "regular black ones" out there, at least, on the late 74s.

Hmm, interesting.   When you say 'black' do you mean 'painted black'?   The
standard wipers are a darker metallic hue, but not actually painted--or so I
thought?

I have two sets of wipers for my July '72 Pre-L car; the original set was
bare metallic (now powdercoated black), the other set is painted black.   I
pulled the painted ones off a fairly originalish L-model Pantera, and assumed
somebody had painted them?   Perhaps the later cars came that way as you assert.

Yet another datapoint for the registry!

Thanks!

Mike

Mik