[DeTomaso] Pushbutton

www.ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 17:58:40 EDT 2007

My fat fingers hit send while I was still typing....

1280 is interesting, in that it has some history.

There was a car sold on eBay a while ago that had NEVER been titled.
I don't remember the number.  Apparently the dealer kept it on their list
all this time.  I suspect the dealership owner drove it, as I think it had
~20,000 miles or so.  I wonder if that would/could be titled as a 2007
DeTomaso ???

I would think that the value of documenting a car's history will go up as
time goes by.  Having this info in the Registry adds value, as it's not just
sitting in a desk somewhere, risking loss.

Cars with unusual details or history I try to pass by people like Mike Drew.
For example recently there was a guy wondering if his pre-1980 car with GT5
body was the first GT5.  I'm still waiting for some detail photos, but I was
able to analyze what he initially supplied, and used a number of other
sources to more accurately answer his query.

I guess I am a DeTomaso fact geek, 'cause I love this stuff.

Chuck