[DeTomaso] How do you know?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:37:42 EDT 2007

On 9/13/07, F&D Terry <gt5s at bcpl.net> wrote:

> How do you know that your trusted mechanic doesn't take your Pantera out
> for a test drive and then runs the heck out of it?

He does run the heck out of it, but that's okay; the trusted mechanic is
myself :)

I just don't trust mechanics.  I even remove my wheels and take them to the
shop for tires.  Nobody sits in the car without me knowing them very well,
and they better be in the passenger seat.

I do need to get a pro do my alignment, though.  My home made trammel bar
and bubble camber gauge only get it safe enough to drive to the shop.  I'll
set my rev limiter to 2000RPM.  Enough to move the car around, but not
enough to go 100MPH in 3rd gear.  Oh what fun!  My hope is they're smart
enough to give good alignment, and dumb or lazy enough to keep away from my
spark box.

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '71 Pantera #1382