[DeTomaso] Engine cuts off and cooling

Mike Murray mjm at knology.net
Wed Sep 12 09:26:42 EDT 2007

So I finally get the car out of the shop after a long a/c conversion and having the bulkhead reduction kit put in I take the car out Sunday morning for some much needed stretching and all seems fine until after about an hour the temp starts going down from 180-190 to around 130-140 and from what I've read this is not a good operating temp for a V8. Could I have a problem with the fans staying on to long? Second thing that showed up was that in a hard brake and down shifting and turning hard left the engine died. I popped the clutch and it fired up. Can this be carburetor related and have anything to do with the engine running cold?   Mike Charleston, S.C.