[DeTomaso] Keys!

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 12:12:13 EDT 2007

Here are some of the keys blank #s that people have sent to help me out.
Thanks!  There are probably more.

IGN:  Capri Fiesta CE9, CP4, X86,
        DL  KL6
        Taylor X3
        Ilco FC7
        Silca FO9

Door:  Ilco FT37, F79-1
         Torino Gilbert 1876

  My '74 #6643 had the original ignition switch in it.  The key blanks
people suggested were the correct shape, but were too long.  The locksmith
said that shortening a key blank was nothing uncommon.  Do any of your
replacement keys look like they were machined on the end?  Just curious.
The shop I'm using here in San Antonio had blanks to fit everything.  They
are charging
$35 to make keys to both door and ignition locks.  I should know how
successful they are by this afternoon.  Hope this helps
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa