[DeTomaso] Great fuel injection setup!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 10:54:50 EDT 2007

Jack/Stefan

There's a guy in Australia that runs Aussis Speed who picked up the rights to the John Cain 351C IR manifold for 48 IDF's and is supposed to be casting up some. Last I heard he was modifying the mold to ensure there was enough in the casting to port match them to 4V OEM iron and aluminum raised port heads (original was apparently a 2V manifold). It would permit use of 48IDF carbs on a Pantera and retention of the engine screen. It's a low priority project for the guy that is doing it but there are a few members of the PI forum committed to a group buy if he gets around to it.
Here's the thread on the PI forum;
http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8250045562/m/2750086284

Cheers,
Julian
In a message dated 10/26/07 4:26:30 PM, stefan.jelvin at telia.com writes:> There are very few (if any) manifolds for IDF throttle bodies (for > Clevelands). Most are for IDA throttle bodies, which are wider and taller than IDF > and will not fit under the engine screen.> Stefan, a the factory tour in '96 I saw a DeTomaso Longchamp with Swiss plates that had EFI on a 351-C using Weber/Marelli throttle bodies. I've never seen any since. Were those one-offs or are they actually available? The language barrier prevented me from talking much with the owner. Thanks- J Deryke