[DeTomaso] Fwd: Valve cover gaskets

MACHWIL at aol.com MACHWIL at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 20:20:58 EDT 2007

I've been using Ford Performance Parts gaskets. They are precision
edged-molded silicone beads on a rigid carrier. They have built in torque  limiters  to
prevent over-compression and are great for on/off-again use.  Fel Pro makes a
very similar gasket.
I've used the Ford parts on my '64 Cobra, '70 GT-350 (351W), 65  Shelby  etc.
and have taken them off/on many times with NO  problems.
The Ford Performance part # for 351C is  M-6584-A452.The cost is  $50.00/set.
Fel Pros could be less.
Maybe someone else has had different experiences.

 Bud Williams (6556)