[DeTomaso] Great fuel injection setup!

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:26:19 EDT 2007

On 10/26/07, Asa Jay Laughton <asajay at asajay.com> wrote:

> So the question I have, is if he's got more of the intake pieces, or a
> manufacturer for them.  Seems to me to be a great three piece setup that
> anybody could use.

It looks like a one-off piece, using off the shelf plate aluminum and pipe
elbows, but I'd be interested as well.  If I knew how to TIG, I'd build a
jig for the first one and the next 10 would be a little easier, charging
only for welding and materials.  A steady welding gig can pay the bills for
a while.  A CNC machine to finish the ports and TB plates would give it a
professional touch.

It's not sexy, but I plan to do the same thing with a central TB on a modded
4V intake manifold.  I'll see if Jelvin can pass me a fuel and timing map to
start me off.  The crank angle mod is very elegant.

sean
--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '71 Pantera #1382