[DeTomaso] Pantera Servo Steering System

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Thu Oct 25 15:06:41 EDT 2007

This is the power steering raq I am putting on my car. The pump is
electric. It is actually a conversion sold for an MGB. It is not a simple
conversion though; and there are NO electronics involved. People don't do
that on conversions typically.

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/panttransam/1905/rack/prack.jpg

The power steering raq has a very similar ratio and movement to the stock
Pantera raq.

The red raq is the original raq. The black raq is an MGB raq. The
conversion will be a hands on conversion. The pivot point on the raq will
have to be lengthened. The pivot point on the Pantera is not completely
right either which cause some bump steer and other issues. I was planning
on re-working the geometry of all this anyway but it's not a cut and paste
process.

Gary