[DeTomaso] HOLLEY GAS LEAK / Dick Ruzzin

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Wed Oct 24 19:11:00 EDT 2007

Hi Dick,

Small world.  I also have a Holley DP with the same symptoms -- runs well,
idles smoothly, and has power, but has visible leaks from multiple
locations.

When I dropped it off at the carb rebuild shop yesterday, the guy said that
these were racing carbs that were not designed for long street life and that
they should be rebuilt after every three races.  I don't know that that
translates to in terms of miles on a street car, but it's clear that I was
long overdue.

I'll see what happens when I pick it up tomorrow.

Mark