[DeTomaso] Carb questions

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Oct 24 10:06:16 EDT 2007

Mark,

Just as a point of reference here.  When I was going through automotive
technology school, way back when. . .
There was a guy in our class who brought in his car which was outfitted
with a big Holley, like yours.  He spent the better part of two days
trying to tune it so it would run decently at idle.  He never made it,
the carb was simply too big for the engine.

Now I'm not saying you won't learn anything, but that it might be more
difficult to really get a good feel for changes because the carb is
already really too big for the engine.  Yes, you might get it to run
right and it may already work pretty well.  Just beware. :)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA