[DeTomaso] GT5S Tire size specifications?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 20:14:01 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/23/07 11:53:37 AM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> Would someone know the correct and proper and original tire specs for the
> GT5S?

Absolutely.

Pirelli P7 (or more recently, Yokahama AVS Intermediate) sized 285/40-15
front, 335/35-15 rear.

The latest Pirelli Asimetrico is still available from the Tire Rack in
335/35-15.   It's a great tire but they sure are proud of it--I think the cost is
$499 each???   Something like that.

285/40-15 tires haven't been available new for years.   There are quite a few
that are available from various sources, including a big pile in the UK and
another pile in Sweden.   Shipping is prohibitive, however.

Phil Stebbings, the keeper of the UK pile, is coming to my house next week,
and might be convinced to throw a couple of 285/40s in with his luggage, if
there is sufficient interest?