[DeTomaso] Adding electric choke

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Mon Oct 22 19:54:25 EDT 2007

My Holley 750 DP has been leaking gas for some time.  I can see it dripping
on to the intake manifold then onto the block.  It keeps the block cool, but
some worry-warts would say this is a fire hazard, but of course, they're all
just slackers.

Anyway, I found a local guy with the requisite amount of gray hair to
rebuild carbs (Griffin's Carburetor, 42 years same location & ASE cert.)

When I pull the carb off, I will replace all the hoses since they are at
least 6 years old and possibly much older.

I am also thinking about adding an electric choke.  It looks like the
installation onto the carb should be easy enough, but what about hooking it
up to the Pantera?  Is it much effort?  Is it worth it?