[DeTomaso] (no subject)

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Oct 21 19:01:04 EDT 2007

Ken Scholl from the distant East Coast was visiting his son, Adam, in my neck of the woods yesterday and dropped by to see me and my '72.  It was great to meet him and his son.  Adam had just returned from a tour in Iraq with the army and seemed pleased to see the American Flag proudly displayed on our front porch.  Thank you for your service, Adam!  (Adam also drives a pretty hot-looking 2006 Mustang so he has good taste in engines, too...)

Anyway, Ken and I got discussing the "dipstick" discussions that have been recently posted on the forum, and we measured mine and it turns out it's 39" (starting from the top, inside the cup, all the way to the end).  I'm showing 1/2 quart low on the dipstick right now, but is that dipstick too long for an accurate reading?  Note:  My car came with an after-market, larger oil pan of no known providence.

Also, Ken pointed out that all this time I've been operating on the forum under a false identity.  I've been signing as #2813, but that, it turns out, is the motor number of my car, not the correct last four digits of the VIN!  DOH!  My car is really number 3846.

Aside from feeling silly about the number, I guess I should take solace in the fact that my car is a bit newer than I thought!

Let me know what you think about my dipstick's length.

Thanks,

Chris