[DeTomaso] Unusual Pantera... and trivia geeks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 17:20:27 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/19/07 1:45:58 PM, Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Q1)  This car has a sunroof, among other features.  I presume that the
> Factory never did sunroofs?  (Including Pavsi work for the Factory)

If that's our clubmate's car, I suspect it was DeTomaso's Geneva show car for
'75 when he needed publicity. As received here in the U.S, it also had a
plexiglas bubble in place of the stock firewall access door & upholstery bubble, a
chromed waterpump & bracketry, plated carb parts & air cleaner etc, since
with the plexi window, all this shiny stuff was visible. But the noise on long
trips was unbearable even for a driver with only one eardrum. I examined the
sunroof and it looks authentic, as DeTomaso DID do this sort of stuff on show
cars after Ford left- see photo of what may be the same car on pg 68   in Jan
Norby's "DeTomaso Pantera" book. I also know of a second similar sunroof in
Australia but haven't actually touched that one. FWIW- J DeRyke
FWIW- J DeRyke