[DeTomaso] NEED SOURCE FOR 180 DEGREE HEADERS FABRICATION

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 14:20:01 EDT 2007

yea, thats what we noticed....some drop in low end HP but definate SCREEEEMING HP above 9,000 RPM. ;-]>

  MD

Göran Malmberg <hemipanter at hemipanter.se> wrote:
  I heard about a serious 180 test showing 10-15 hp (gain) at 9000 rpm or
something
like that. The same result was obtained with plane crank. these tests are
not
easely performed since 180:s is hard to fabricate to the same tuning
dimension as comparable
standard headers. As everyone knows, there is difference allready between
headers and headers, not to mention 180:s. So, just becouse we got a set of
180:s,
we cant judge the designe from a single test.
However, the thing going for 180:s are that they are easier to tune due to
equal
pulsing. And the Tq curve look different, I am not saying better or worse.

For the street, I dont think it matters at all, if not for sound and looks.
Goran