[DeTomaso] Radio Antenna Replacement Options

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 17 23:31:40 EDT 2007

Guys:

Thru a short set of fairly strange circumstances I now find that my retractable AM/FM radio power antenna needs to be replaced.

Originally my power antenna was located in the passenger side rear fender. Actually I still have it there.... it just doesn't want to go up anymore due to a large "crink" in the very bottom tube extension piece....

I figure I've got two options now. One is to find a replacement power antenna. Or the second is to replace the power antenna with some other kind of antenna.

I'm tending towards the "some other kind" option just because those darn power retractable antennas are so fragile... (and no Larry, I will not tell you what happened.... ).

So my question for all of you out there: Anyone know of, or have a, good AM/FM radio antenna that is not the standard retractable antenna? Something that's robust, reasonably impervious to wear and tear, and when installed, isn't too ugly?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"