[DeTomaso] Techno question: New clutch & slave adjustment

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Wed Oct 17 19:04:00 EDT 2007

Dear Dave,

               Yes the plunger rod thingee is the threaded rod that connects
the slave piston to the clutch lever arm.   Since I lengthened it to take
out the half inch of free play in the slave cylinder (?), I was able to
actually put the car into gear.   Afterwards, the clutch felt pretty close
to normal as I recall.

                The master cylinder is original, I think.   The slave is
new.   No low level of fluid.  No leakage noted.

                Exactly where is the desert are you?

                                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles