[DeTomaso] Another Pantera website

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 03:42:58 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/16/07 11:14:06 PM, msm at portata.com writes:

> I recall seeing a 1975 Euro GTS at Pocono that was sold in Europe then
> later
> shipped to the US.  As I recall, it had the button-style side markers.  I
> had mentioned the car in my Pocono report a couple of weeks ago, but I
> cannot find a picture of it in my archives.  Dunno.  May it was just a
> resto-mod upgrade like yours.  (Yeah, I am jealous.)

I've often wondered about the side marker light issue among Euro cars.   We
really don't know when the button-style lights were replaced by the other ones,
and then when the other ones were replaced with the button-style lights
again.   My recollection is that virtually every 1973 and 1974 Euro car had the
horizontal marker lights; the few 1976 cars I've seen had the buttons (or, if
they are in the USA, had the buttons but were retrofitted with generic stick-on
lights to meet DOT regs when the car was gray-market imported...)