[DeTomaso] cruise control question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Oct 14 01:58:45 EDT 2007

A few weeks ago I installed an audiovox cruise control which didn't work, so
I sent it back and got a replacement.  After checking and rechecking all the
wiring, I installed the second one, and it doesn't work either.  It's not
totally dead, however, as the first one was.

What this one does do, if I turn it on and continually tap the "accel"
button, is try to accelerate in spurts, only to immediately disengage when I
stop tapping.  Trying to just hit the "set" button yields no results
whatsoever.

I think either there's not enough vacuum, or the throttle spring is too
stiff for the unit to handle.  Before I call the Audiovox technical line I
thought I'd see if any of you other Pantera owners have any suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Chris