[DeTomaso] ZF inspection

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 13 16:32:30 EDT 2007

Kjetil,

Unfortunately, there's no way to evaluate the condition of a gearbox from the
outside.   At least the fellow took photos of the inside so you have a very
good idea of what you're getting--that is, you at least know that it's not all
rusted to shreds.

I would view any gearbox like this as little more than a starting point--I
wouldn't ship it to Norway until it had been completely gone through by a
professional, ring gear safety-wired, and any worn synchros etc. replaced.   Given
that none of this has happened to this gearbox, I find it a bit overpriced.