[DeTomaso] ZF inspection

Kjetil Finne kjetfinn at online.no
Sat Oct 13 16:26:19 EDT 2007

Hi Guys

There is a zf transaxle for sale in Hayward/ Castro Valley CA.
I have talked to the owner. He bought the transaxle about ten years ago for
a kit car project. The owner does not know too much about the condition of
the transaxle. He have had it open, and changed all off the gaskets /
sealings. He shot some pictures of the internals while he had it open. The
transaxle looks to be in good condition from the pictures.
However it is impossible to judge how worn the internals are from some pics.
It would be greatly appreciated if any DeTomaso owners with zf/ or general
transmission experience will volunteer to check out this transaxle for me?

As an alternative; are there any zf/ transaxle professionals in this region?

Best Regards

Kjetil
Pantera 1613
Norway