[DeTomaso] Cam question, Pantera ownership is learning to live with disappointment, frustaition and poor.

www.ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 13 14:13:01 EDT 2007

The lows from the frustration will soon be replaced with the highs of
satisfaction.

Do something (anything) else for a little while to let your mind free-up.
(The solution may then come to you...if not...)

When you return, go thru the pre-start check list.  Perhaps having someone
else present to bounce ideas off of may help.

I am often that person.  Being somewhat ignorant of certain topics actually
helps.  Often it is my "dumb questions" that leads to the answer, or the
question stimulates the mind of the experienced mind.

Once, when installing a 302 into a GT40, which would not start, but stack &
back fire, I asked the question; "Are you running the new or old 302 firing
order?".  In that case I was not ignorant, and that was the solution.

I am ignorant of the engine components you are now dealing with.  More often
the problem electrical than fuel.  So, do you have the correct firing order?

Can you test for a spark at every cylinder?

I have used this <$5 tool that one holds to the spark plug wire to
inductively see an LED glow as the spark plug receives it's spark.

This tool works well.

With little else to offer for now...

Chuck Melton