[DeTomaso] Cam question, Pantera ownership is learning to live with disappointment, frustaition and poor.

Jim Cain jwcinvestment at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 13:55:35 EDT 2007

Paul,
Don't give up! There is enough expertise on this list to help you through this.

It's a good chance it will be something simple.  I had the same level of frustration with my
fresh rebuild a couple of years ago. It would start but it would run like crap and backfire
like crazy when I tried to rev it. I gave up and threw in the towel after two weeks.
My new friends at PCNC jumped on it at the pre Vegas tech session and diagnosed the
problem: I had installed the spark plug wires in the distributor for a 460 firing order!
I followed the picture in the book but I didn't read the text. The guys also found 2 or 3
things I screwed up while trying to figure out the first problem.

Have a beer or martini (it's 5 o'clock somewhere), chill. It will run. And when it's sorted
out you will love it.

Jim Cain