[DeTomaso] Cam question, Pantera ownership is learning to live with disappointment, frustaition and poor.

Paul A. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Sat Oct 13 13:28:45 EDT 2007

Is there any way to check if the cam was installed correctly other than pulling off the accessories, drive belt, pulleys and water pump? I can not get my new engine to fire. It turns over and over and over and over but just wont fire. I have fuel and have double checked every wire, actuator, sensor. I have checked the OBD codes on the computer and every thing checks out. I set the timing by cranking the engine by hand until the crank shaft was at TDC 0, put the distributor in with the rotor pointing at cylinder 8, placed the distributor cap on & marked the distributor 1 hooked up all the wires  The only thing left I can think of is the cam was installed wrong.  I don't think I have ever been more disappointed, I have spent a year and a ridiculous amount of money putting this engine in. I just wanted to have the startablity and drivability of a EFI. I am about ready to put the 351c back and put it up for sale. Maybe time for a Z06 or Cayman

Paul