[DeTomaso] Safety

Colin Bradshaw Colin.Bradshaw2 at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 11 08:29:41 EDT 2007

For what it's worth anyone with a "right hand drive" Pantera may want to make a simple safety check based on what I discovered quite by chance today.

Whilst looking at brake pad renewal on the drivers side front, I noticed the lower steering column UJ coupling had been rubbing on the main battery power cable and worn part way through the cable sheathing. Caught it in time before a nasty short could have occurred. Re-positioned the battery cable and bound the damaged sheathing, clipped it back to a position well away from the steering column rotating parts.

Occurred to me others may be unknowingly suffering the same issue. Don't know what the Left hand drive car layout is in that area, but if it's similar still worth a check.

Regards
Colin Bradshaw UK
1990 GT5S