[DeTomaso] Standard 2-Slot Wheel Quality?

Sales sales at transmittersrus.com
Thu Oct 11 03:05:24 EDT 2007

Mike said:

 Having said all that--I would strongly urge you to leave your bloody
car alone and just fit some quality tires on your 10-inch rear wheels.
Originally it had 285/50-15 Pirelli P7s.  Your existing 285/40 tires are
ridiculously too short.  But a nice 295/50-15 would really suit that car
perfectly.  Toyo's would probably be my choice as they are suitably
stiff to support a heavy car like yours.  And they are only about $120
apiece!

Yes, I know the car looks OK with the factory wide GTS wheels but I
really fancy going to a taller wheel combo (not too tall) and running
larger discs and  Brembo calipers for better braking. Factory brakes are
not the most inspiring even after a full overhaul and what with the new
engine...

I think I told you that I'd also like to convert the rear axle to
outboard disc brakes to complete the look.

Phil
79 Longchamp GTS 3061