[DeTomaso] Standard 2-Slot Wheel Quality?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 20:58:01 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/10/07 8:20:19 AM, sales at transmittersrus.com writes:

> I meant to say 10-spoke and not 2-slot as shown on the Pantera East
> Wheels page.
>
> So please re-run your comments for these everyone?
>
> I think they would suit my Longchamp GTS, in 17" all round.
>
> Sorry for the confusion - brain fade.

I know Wilkinson makes 10-spoke wheels in Pantera-appropriate sizes which
would also work on your Longchamp GTS (which is originally equipped with 8- and
10-inch Campy wheels since it has fiberglass flares; the standard Longchamps
had 7-inch Campys all around).

Pantera East's Gr4-style wheels are normally offered in widths/offsets
appropriate for the widebody cars--15x11 front and 15x13 rear, I believe.   But he
may be able to make 15x8 and 15x10 for you if you so desire.

A set of his widebody wheels is scheduled to pass through my hands within the
next few days--I've never seen them closely in person.   I'll let you know
what I think. :>)

Having said all that--I would strongly urge you to leave your bloody car
alone and just fit some quality tires on your 10-inch rear wheels.   Originally it
had 285/50-15 Pirelli P7s.   Your existing 285/40 tires are ridiculously too
short.   But a nice 295/50-15 would really suit that car perfectly.   Toyo's
would probably be my choice as they are suitably stiff to support a heavy car
like yours.   And they are only about $120 apiece!