[DeTomaso] RRORR vs. Mangusta 8MA898 Report...

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 16:34:08 EDT 2007

Gary,

  All of us could not be prouder of your accomplishments....you definately made all of us pretty proud. Job well done....Okay where's the race report?! ;-]>

  MD

Gary Bartley <G.Bartley at cebridge.net> wrote:
  Hello all,

We finished taking a second place! It wasn't pretty but we are very
happy with the result.

We just got home and are decompressing. I'll post a more complete
report in a day or two but I wanted to respond to the many e-mails of
encouragement and acknowledge the help of a bunch of folks.

A special THANK YOU to Michael Frazier and Jim Cooper who performed some
starting grid heroics without which we would have had to pack up and
come home early. Michael was a great ORR mentor and cheer leader. Jim
is an electrical magician par excellence. Their display of "raw"
emotion in the finish line shutdown zone was a sight to behold. I'm
pretty sure the in-car camera caught it all so you can see it soon.
That is, unless I get a sizable contribution to my favorite charity
before I get it up on YouTube. ;-)

Special THANKS too to the Houston SCPOCA bunch for their support and
encouragement. If it wasn't for folks like Steve Hawkins, John Taphorn,
Gray Gregory, David Bell, Dan Mixon, Will Kooiman and the others I'm too
exhausted to be able to name, the Mangusta would still be in the
driveway with a leaking water pump and corroded water pipes.

As ever, Mike Drew was very helpful by sharing his knowledge of all
things DeTomaso and pointing me towards some valuable resources.
THANKS, Colonel!

Steve Liebenow and Dana Hansen - Mangusta International also provided
advice, counsel and resource material in various areas including
suspension issues. THANKS Steve and Dana!

And of course, SPECIAL Recognition to Mad Dawg and TPR who provided the
inspiration and vision for this effort not to mention the financial
underwriting. I'll be working on submitting my "reimbursable expenses"
but might just settle for a TPR decal or two!

I'm sure I failed to mention someone who contributed and for that I
apologize. I'm pretty well used up tonight but that's a poor excuse.

Oh, Yeah! I really should mention Sylvia, my wife, navigator,
motivator, logistics manager, Team Boss and racing partner. She put up
with me and my frustrations without complaint and that's saying a lot.
Without her determination and tolerance I would have given up several
times over. She is a pretty good mechanic too!

More details later...

Best regards,

Gary