[DeTomaso] TLI Racing and Super Clevelands

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 16:22:29 EDT 2007

> Does anyone have any knowledge about the actual status of the Buttermore
> aluminum block?  Last thing that I heard, it had been cast (several months
> ago?) and further casting and actual real world testing was in store.

He has cast a single test article to measure for shrinkage and the like.
A few weeks ago, he started accepting orders on the aluminum block only,
so he could fund the first batch of blocks.   He has not made a production
block and no one has built an engine around one yet.  His pre-production
price has ended so if you want to order one, you'll have to wait until another
batch of blocks gets made, assuming that happens.  The guys getting the
first batch of blocks should consider themselves beta testers.

Dan Jones