[DeTomaso] Techno question: ZF pops out of second gear

MyCars MyCars at Comcast.net
Sun Oct 7 01:23:27 EDT 2007

Does it click into gear? or just slide into gear? Do you have the same
problem with 3rd gear?

I had a problem (recently fixed) were the shifter would only slide into
2nd and 3rd... and it would slide out if I didn't keep my hand on the
shifter.

There are 3 (I think it is 3) detent balls in the ZF. Mine was missing
the 2nd / 3rd detent ball. That was an easy enough fix.

Later
Roydon }8~)>