[DeTomaso] Minimum Battery Size?

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Wed Oct 3 14:51:28 EDT 2007

Jack,
     I just went out and weighed my battery,  48 pounds!  No wonder my car started so easy,  I'll bet that thing could start a semi!  I got a report back from a guy using the Odyssey PC925 with 380 CCA,  he reports no problem starting his car.  I think Bill Wright is using the same battery in his Superformance GT40 sporting an all aluminum Roush 427 with 10 or 10.25:1  CR?  The PC925 weighs just 26 pounds!  Jack,  I think I just found you an easy way to shed 9 pounds!  I see the PC 680 with 220 CCA only weighs 15.4 lbs!  That would be way cool if it would do the job.  I've been thinking about installing the MSD cockpit adjustable timing control.  Perhaps by backing the timing off at start up,  I could get away with a very small battery?  I'm thinking that with my new aluminum heads,  the smaller battery and a full tank of gas,  I might just weigh in at less than 3000 lbs!

Thanks Jack,
Art