[DeTomaso] selecting torque wrenches?

Jim Hendrickson chendric at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 28 12:38:39 EST 2007

My Proto is 1/2" drive, 5 - 150 ft.lb., micrometer adjust, clicking type. It
is older than my Pantera. I had a friend in the calibration lab check it
about 20 years ago. It was within 5 ft.lb. of their check gauge.

For tight places and lower torque settings, I have a 3/8 drive, 5 - 80 ft.
lb. and a 3/8 drive, 5 - 300 in. lb.(that's 25 ft. lb. to you). These are
newer so they are also marked in Newton/meters.

I believe that repeatability is more important than absolute accuracy. If I
tighten things 10% over, so what as long as they are all the same?