[DeTomaso] 69 Goose Rear Suspension

damaadams at aol.com damaadams at aol.com
Wed Nov 21 11:46:42 EST 2007

My car was sold new in San Francisco and was owned for less than a year by the first owner. He then sold it through a broker to John Carroll of Palo Alto. He owned it for a couple years before selling it to a young aerospace engineer who owned it for a year, then lost his job and sold it to Bob Kelley in 1974. Bob kept the car in Oregon for a time before moving it to his place in Sedona, Arizona. I bought the car from Bob in 2001. I think it was the aero-engineer who put the big Goodyears on the rear. I doubt that he ever raced the car, though, as that would have resulted in battle scars, especially the spot welds?along the cowl that seem to start to show up on cars that have had their chassis subjected to lots of racking load. Anyway, whoever installed the big rubber may have tweeked the ride height a bit, but the old gal still looks fine in profile with the BFG's.

Daryl