[DeTomaso] Best valve spring compressor

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 00:35:43 EST 2007

I have one of the old "C" clamp looking valve spring compressors.  It has
worked great on any engine I have ever used it on including the Cleveland.
I can put a single spring on or take it off in less than 15 seconds.

Dave "No sub for good tools" D

At 12:32 PM 11/13/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>Which lever type do you have?  The lever one I have didn't work so well
>on the Cleveland heads.  The part the pushes down on the spring retainer
>didn't push "flushly" because it didn't sit flat on the retainer.
>
>Paul
>
>Tomas Gunnarsson wrote:
>> I did a couple of weeks ago. I think it took me about five minutes to
get all eight valves out of a head with a mechanical lever type compressor
("parallelogram" type).