[DeTomaso] curise control vacuum cannister question

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 10 13:52:13 EST 2007

That would be my guess.

A vacuum canister is pretty simple.  One side goes to a vacuum source,
usually the intake manifold.  The other goes to whatever you want to provide
the vacuum source to.

The only difference is the manifold side should have a one-way valve in it.
It allows air to be sucked out, but not pushed back in.  The side that goes
to your cruise control should be wide open.

That way, the manifold creates a vacuum inside the canister, and it isn't
allowed to drain.

You could probably blow in the AMP, and air would come out the MAN.  If you
blow in the MAN, it should be plugged.

That's the way I understand it anyway.