[DeTomaso] Restatement of condenser upgrade

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue May 29 22:37:42 EDT 2007

Doug,

If you are doing a condenser upgrade, I urge you to highly consider?
dropping the old tube and fin style condenser and move on, and up,
to the newer parallel flow units.?
This is exactly what I am doing with 2511.

They are compatible with R12 and R134, come with o-ring male
fittings and are only about 3/4" thick.

The Vintage Air unit linked here has shroud and fan, complete for $199:

http://tinyurl.com/yu9omc

Fabrication of mounts, changing the hose ends and a little wiring
and it should be just about plug-n-play.? Stock fuse is a 30 amp
which should be good for the newer motor as well.

I hope to have this upgrade completed in about two weeks.? I'll keep the
list updated.

Larry