[DeTomaso] Swap Meet Opportunity in November

Rob DOrazio robpantera at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 29 21:46:46 EDT 2007

I have been reading various inquiries regarding any DeTomaso swap meet.  Though Foothill has an event coming up on June 24th (Panteras in the Park), I'm afraid my park permit does not have provision for a swap meet and so I cannot add that in.  However, we do have an event on Sunday, November 4th; a large multi-marque show called the "Best of France and Italy" at Woodley Park in Van Nuys.  This show is a non judged gathering open to all French and Italian makes and does include a swap meet.  This might provide a good opportunity to "piggyback" some DeTomaso swap meet action if no other option presents itself.

  Aside from the swap meet connection, this is still a fine outing for anyone who appreciates Italian automobiles and Foothill will be participating again this year.  Last year we had nine cars present and I believe we attracted more attention than the "red sea of Ferraris" parked south of us.

  I know this conflicts with the Willow Springs weekend, but for those of you who do not participate in that event, consider joining your Foothill brethren for an interesting day filled with a diversity of Franco/Italian automobiles parked on the grass without having to drive to Monterey.  We'll be proudly flying the DeTomaso banners!

  Contact me if you're interested.

  Rob D'Orazio
  Capo, Foothill Panteras
  (626)795-0915