[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 14

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Wed May 2 03:15:31 EDT 2007

Day 14

5/1/2007

With the fuel problems behind, we headed in to Yellowstone today. I was only
expecting to spend a few hours there. In the west and out the south. However
the south entrance was closed so we had to use the northeast entrance. This
park is incredible. You know how many parks we go through traveling to and
from Vegas each year, well, this one gets top billing. A while back the
buffalo were nearly extinct. That doesn't seem to be a problem any more. The
wildlife and scenery were magnificent. Buffalo, bears, elk, deer things,
eagles, and Old faithful erupted on schedule and we only waited 15 minutes.
We couldn't drive more than five minutes without having to stop for
something. Short of traffic problems, have you ever driven your Pantera for
8 hourss and never gone over 45? It makes 47 seem fast. Coming out of the
park through the northeast and going to Cody, WY takes you through the
twistiest twisties I've ever been through. My passenger was terrified. We
arrived at a Comfort Inn @ 11pm and will now retire for the evening. I don't
even know where I want to end up tomorrow and that's OK.

Good night,

Dave & Kathy

It really is worth it.

358.8 miles today

5463.6 so far

Also, 23.33 mpg today. Driving slow really does make a difference.