[DeTomaso] Ref: Return From Vegas

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue May 1 22:15:42 EDT 2007

I'm just catching up an e-mail after Vegas and am uneasy about the
challenges Fred and Dave are having on the return leg.  Things were hopping
at the event and I missed the fact that Dave was struggling with fuel
delivery.  Wish I had known, I would have liked to lend a hand.  Both Dave
and Fred won the distance traveled award and they were truly an inspiration
to the rest of us.  When I saw Dave's car at the Fun Rally, I expected it to
be a little rough after several trips across country.  To my delight, it
looked terrific and the yellow paint was in great shape - even the nose of
the car.  I stood their thinking, hey, I should try this.  I had thought the
trip from Houston was about the same as to Pocono; however, it is about six
hours shorter.  David Bell's engine failed one week prior and he drove his
race prepped Miata from Houston.

As usual, it is a challenge to absorb it all.  I appreciate the constructive
suggestions that participants had for next year's event.  Ideally, we will
be able to find an affordable location that will allow us to showcase cars
indoors and get back on Fremont Street.  I appreciate the support of all who
attended the event this year.  Participation was the same level as last
year.

I just wish that I lived closer to you guys so we could get together more
frequently.

JT