[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 13

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Tue May 1 03:56:04 EDT 2007

Day 13

4/30/2007

Lucky 13

Today rather than going out on the highway to see where we would break down,
we went right to a old fashioned service station in St George. The snootier
service people said they couldn't help. I explained my problem to Bill and
D. A. and they took it right in. It wasn't 15 minutes before D.A. came over
and said that's vapor lock. Some people at the rally suggested that and then
dismissed that since it was fuel injected. Me, I've never dealt with it
before and didn't understand the whole concept. Now I understand and it all
makes sense. When Bill called his parts supplier and asked her to pull a
miracle out of her butt for tom kind of shield to wrap around the fuel
system she said that a friend of hers has a Pantera that had the same
problem.  The solution was to use the header wrap on the fuel system. He
ordered it, it came, he had to finish the other car he was working on, then
he wrapped mine all up and put it back together. We went for a test drive.
In other words, I had to give him a ride:-). The cost for this service,
$95.63, the cost to replace everything else that didn't need to be replaced
this weekend, +-$700.00. We left St George at 5:30 in the afternoon. We
stopped in Pocatello, Idaho at 1am. We made out pretty good for a late
start. Looks like we will make it to Yellowstone after all.

Not much sleep will be had tonight,

Dave & Kathy

467.8 miles today

5082.9 total so far