[DeTomaso] Difference Between '71 and '74 Bodies

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 00:54:51 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/28/07 17 09 36, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Do not depend on any 'factory' schematic
> to tell you which wires go where, either. ALL the schematics are wrong in at
> least one area and that varies with the car in question.
>

>>>A broad, and highly innaccurate generalization.   I have the wiring
harness from #6020 in my car; it matches the L-model wiring diagram PERFECTLY in all
regards, front to back, top to bottom, side to side.

It's true that the early cars could be pretty flaky.   Ford's TSBs even
referenced the fact that the wiring schemes were highly variable early on.   But by
the time the '73 L-model was rolling down the line, Ford was firmly in
control and things were highly standardized.