[DeTomaso] parking brake bracket move

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 18:45:16 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/21/07 11 08 49, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> I read an article or two about it and it seems like a good idea, but I need
> to know if it's something I have to do before I put the engine and tranny
> back in, or if I can do it anytime.
>

>>>You can do it anytime, but it's much easier with the engine out of the
car.   With a sawzall and a metal cutting blade, you can have the old bracket out
of the car in just a minute or two.   Then the new bracket bolts in, using
holes that you have to drill.   Since the engine is out of the car I suggest you
just buy the new bracket and get on with it--it should only take 15-20
minutes tops, versus a fair bit more (difficulty if not time) later on.

Cheers!