[DeTomaso] parking brake bracket move

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 18:13:37 EDT 2007

Chris,

  Does your car already have the removable crossmember? If not, you will need to replace that a long with the parking brake bracket in order to remove your oil pan with the engine still in the car.

  John

Christopher Kimball <chrisvkimball at msn.com> wrote:
  I am almost ready to put my car back together, but one of the things I
wanted to do was move the emergency brake assembly under the car so I can
remove the oil pan without having to pull the engine.

I read an article or two about it and it seems like a good idea, but I need
to know if it's something I have to do before I put the engine and tranny
back in, or if I can do it anytime. I'm kinda under the gun to get
everything else ready before April 7th, when the engine is going back in,
and if I can do the emergency brake thing later, that would help relieve
some of the stress!

On the other hand, if I need to do it before I reinstall the engine, I'll
bite the bullet and get it done.

Thanks,

Chris